Wednesday, June 10, 2009

weddings, Weddings, WEDDINGS!

Oh, how i love to shoot weddings. Some photographers (usually retired, or just having shot one for a friend) lament to me about the hardships of their weddings past and present. The pressure of getting "the shot" at "the moment" is daunting. I understand. But for some reason- i just LOVE shooting weddings. Maybe it's the hopeless romantic in me. Maybe it's the hope that one day i'll have the happiness that these couples share. Maybe it's the idea of love that spurs my joy...

Maybe i'm just funny like that. Every time i hold my camera up to my eye, i feel completely happy. When i direct the bride to turn her head just so, or ask the bridal party to jump in the air on the count of three... I feel this surge of overwhelming giddiness that i'm honored to be a part of someone's big day.

The florist, the caterer, the pastor, the DJ, the wedding planner- i must say that no one of these get to enjoy the wedding like i do. I have the privilege of capturing things the way i see them. I have the pleasure of presenting my wedding couples with pictures that i took- confident that they will see them and be happy because they CHOSE me to take their pictures.

I love the details, i love the smiles of everyone as they get ready, the way the groomsmen joke, the way the bridesmaids fawn, the kiss, the walk, the love...

ahhh... i love my job.


i also love that my website has been generating inquiries lately! Thank you, to anyone and everyone who has passed my website info along!

No comments: