Friday, June 12, 2009

speaking of weddings...



This was taken on my wedding day; February 15, 2003.
Life was different.
Daddy was still able to stand.
Mommy was still alive.
I was LDS.
I had a very small wedding. My reception was held in the living room.
I did not have friends to help me plan for things.
I did not know what i was doing.
I did not have a goal for myself.
I did not have my hair done, nails done, or wear makeup to my own wedding.
I wore tennis shoes under my dress. Not cute ones, either.
I was eighteen years old. SO young.
I thought i knew everything.
I thought i was ready for life.
I thought i was ready for forever.

six years later,
I am divorced.
I am older.
I am wiser.
I have goals & plans for my life.
Daddy is a quadriplegic.
Mommy is with Jesus.
I am a Christian. Closer to Father than i have ever been.
I discovered some things are less important than i once thought they were.
I have many close friends now, and it's amazing. I love them.
I still don't know everything.
I've lived more than I had then. I have experiences that i both cherish and that i'm not proud of.
I'm actually ready for forever. Just have to find it.

Forever comes in more forms than one expects though.

2 comments:

Russ Dave Beckner said...

I like the family photos. Sweet (traditional meaning). :)

I think forever found us at birth.
We're all in forever... right now.
We just get anxious about it because we can't know beyond today. (other than what we've been Promised)

Melissa said...

Hi Shannon, I didn't know you had a blog, I saw the link on face book and I clicked on it. Wow this is an amazing post. =( Thanks for sharing.