Saturday, January 31, 2009

snow days!

Greetings from a Winter Wonderland!

This week has been a very trying week indeed... A lesson i think God was teaching me this week was called "patience".

We had tons of snow. Not only snow, but freezing rain--- meaning layers of horrible slick icy conditions. First was a few inches of wet snow, followed by 2-3 inches of freezing rain, followed by a few more inches of snow, concluded by a layer of freezing rain and more snow.
*sigh*

it took me an hour to dig out of my car the morning i decided i couldn't afford to not be paid for another snow day... and the snow was so deep after chipping my car out that i actually had to step DOWN into my car to get into it.
needless to say i got stuck a little. When rocking the car out of its lovely spot- brute strength (pushing) reigned supreme and i was finally on my way.

My best friend and i went for a walk in the park right after the heaviest snow and took pictures that i thought might be nice to share (dont forget, you can click on the pictures to enlarge them, if you like and to get back to the blog, just use the "back" button on your browser window):







No comments: